I kept thinking of this song this whole week. I feel that I need to dedicate it to everyone who was an influence in my life here at BYU and BYU-I. I like both versions but I chose the Glee one since I know most of you know the Wicked version.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
For Good
It's time to go. In about 2 hours I'll be leaving Provo and BYU. It's bittersweet and I feel a little emotional. I thought I wasn't attached but it turns out I was - very attached. I feel that my BYU experience has been an interesting one but a rewarding one too. I'm extremely happy with the major that I chose, the classes I took, my professors, and the lesson I learned in and out of school. I wanted to tour the campus one last time and did so yesterday with my friend Desiree. I was dropped off by my sister and my car (now hers). When I saw my car leave I felt a pang of sadness so I started to walk with a few tears. I wanted to go to Sugar and Spice but it was closed, boo. As I walked around campus with Desi, I saw how beautiful campus is and how much it means to me in my life. Even after all the things I said about BYU and Provo being weird, lame, etc, etc, etc, I felt a bit of remorse for saying those things. I really will miss it. In the other hand, I'm excited to see what the future brings. I know I'm going to be sobbing all the way to the airport, I can just feel it coming on already! It's ok though, I'm not worried that others will see me cry, I have a very good reason. I have a plane to catch but I will bring more updates about my last week with the kiddos and fun things I got to do here before I left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Laura once told Linda, Meagan, and I about a quote her mom used to say. About how it's best to leave when you don't want to. I've often thought about those wise words since then, saying them to myself often as a reminder that there is a time and season for everything.
ReplyDeleteI hope you forever cherish your time and memories of BYU and Provo. I hope you find peace with your past, and hope-lots and lots of hope in the future. It only gets better from here.
Love you Joycey.
You're all grown up now! How exciting! I know the feeling of needing to move on, but you're so prepared, with a degree and unforgettable experiences at BYU, not to mention AMAZING friends! So you'll do great, Joyce! Buena suerte! Te queremos mucho!
ReplyDelete"Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
ReplyDelete"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."
love you joycee!
How you feel is exactly how I felt leaving BYU :) Congrats on graduating!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, you'll always hold your memories of BYU close as will everyone else you came in contact with!
meow
ReplyDeleteJoycita!!! I love youu and I miss you sooo much!!! <3
ReplyDeleteJoyce! How did the move out and back home go? I want to say thanks again. If this wouldnt have worked the way it did, I dont know what it would have taken to get me out of VA. I hope things are going well with you and you are getting excited about DC. Blog about it! Id love to hear about all your DC adventures :)
ReplyDelete