So far, summer has been great! It has also been the busiest weeks I've had in the summer. This summer was very much anticipated and has been, thus far, greatly appreciated. So, without further due, I will share lots of stories, pictures, and more about the past few weeks. Picture overload ahead. (The events will be in sequential order of what happened first, second, etc.)
1. Dentist Nightmares
Two days after being back form Provo, my dad took me to Monterrey, Mexico where I went to visit my dear friend Marcela - my dentist. When I got to her office I wasn't expecting anything more than cavities. Turns out I needed to get 2 root canals, one molar extraction and a big cavity. All these things in the span of 2 days. Where did all this come from?!? Crazy? I think so. One side of my face was numb for a day and vice versa (Including part of eye, nose and ear - seems extreme, no?). Pain was everywhere. I was petrified and terrified. No joke, I thought I would never leave her chair. I feel that Marcela and I have definitely bonded. To be continued.
2. Annie Graduated from High School and Hailey from Pre-K!
When I came home, I was able to see Annie walk across the stage and receive her diploma! She graduated Suma Cum Laude and her scholarship was mentioned as she walked across. She forgot to mention the tiny detail that she had received an MIT scholarship of $22,000 a year. Sometimes I wished I had her brain, determination and humor (but that's beside the point). I'm so pround of her and her acomplishments. I know she will achieve great things in life and have no doubt she will have great success wherever she is. So as we speak or read, my parents are dropping her off at Cambridge/Boston right now for the MIT Interphase program she got into. I kindly asked my dad to scout the ward out for me and check the Harvard boys out since she will have Harvard, BU and MIT in her ward - no biggie. He excitedly agreed to announce my availability to the men congregation at the Singles Ward. I MISS and LOVE Annie very, very much.

Along with Annie graduating, I missed Hailey's graduation that took place a few weeks before I came home, but here is my beautiful girl ready to take on Kindergarten! I LOVE my Tita!
3. Went to visit my Mom in Austin!
I really enjoyed spending time with both, my mom and Annie. I was able to visit my mom in amazingly and stylish new apartment. Mom, I wish I had your interior design talent. We did many fun things, relaxed, ate and enjoyed each other's companies. It was nice to be back in Austin besides from being beautiful, it's a place with great atmosphere. Mom, thank you for a great weekend! :)
*(In the meantime, I have greatly enjoyed the company of this little guy - my bro)
Proudly announce we had our first Bother-Sister date: so much fun!
*Notice the hair. We ditched his chili-bowl haircut for something a bit more sophisticated and new. Finally.
Yep, he's only a handsome, charismatic, and rockin' 2 year old. LOVE this kid.
4. RIVIERA MAYA, ISLA MUJERES, and CANCUN!
For our family vacation this year we decided to go to the Riviera Maya, the place where we usually stay when we're in Cancun. We stayed at the Grand Mayan Palace where we've been before. This trip had a very different feel to it, which I really liked. We had nothing really planned and we usually do. We wanted to relax and see if we were up to doing things which seems very out of the ordinary for my family but I loved it. We ended up in a super nice suite with two rooms, living room, hot tub, pool in the balcony, etc. We went to Isla Mujeres, Xcaret, Tulum, and Playa Paraiso. We also ate A LOT of yummy treats. Overall, a great family trip where we enjoyed each other's company. Oh, and I even got to swim with dolphins!! :) Here is a picture preview with more pictures to come :)
 |
| In Tulum with the Fam |
 |
| Iguana Time (something Baby Austin loved throughout the trip) |
 |
| The Fam in Tulum overlooking beach. |
 |
| Isla Mujeres |
 |
| Yep, that's a shark. |
 |
| Snorkeling in the ocean in Isla Mujeres. |
 |
| Xcaret - beautiful place. Loved it. |
 |
| Dolphin kiss! |
 |
| Trio |
 |
| Clear water spring we like to swim in. It goes above and below ground (like caverns, etc). It was freezing. |
 |
| We have to take a pic with the usual, colorful Mexican hats only tourist dare to wear. |
 |
| In Grand Mayan. |
 |
| Playa Paraiso. One of the most beautiful beach in the region. |
 |
| "Say iguana!" |
 |
| Beautiful. |
5. Dentist continued . . .
I'm starting to think that this will never end. Yep, dentist again to get the posts on and impressions for the crowns. I thought it would be painless . . . wrong. But at least I get to go next week to finish this thing up! I haven't been able to chew well in about a month :( I'm so done with teeth . . . sometimes I wish I didn't have any.
6. Annie, Dad and Blankis go to Cambridge and I stay home
Annie has officially left the nest as of 3 days ago. I miss her very, very, very much. My dad and mom went to drop her off and her her settled for Interphase. My parents absolutely loved it up there and were thrilled to tour Boston and Cambridge. I wish my Anitas the very best this summer (you can do it chachitas!). If you want to read more about her story and see some pics you can go to her
blog.
Meanwhile, I got to stay home with the kids which has very very fun. I love spending time with them, which seems to be about every minute of day and night these past few days. They are super smart and hilarious. I also attended a YSA activity with my friend Megan in Travis Lake which was quite interesting but what did I expect. At least I spent some time boating, tubing, etc.
7. What's next?
My mom has invited me to go to Culiacan and Mazatlan, Mexico (on the Pacific side) to visit family which I'm hoping I can go. I'm also looking forward to spending time with my friend Megan since we want to do so much this summer. Most of all, I'm hoping to enjoy every moment of being at home with the family - I love them very much.
Well, that about wraps things up for now. Talk about a long post.
Much love! :)
sounds like you're having a wonderful summer (despite the dentist-sorry)! hope you enjoy the rest of your time! XOXO
ReplyDeletegood recap- very thorough- I enjoyed it. lol.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the dentist, but it's good you have teeth? ;p
Miss you Joycey. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!
Your family's had a really busy summer :) That's great! I was glad to have the summer recap! Have a seriously awesome rest of the summer
ReplyDelete