Sunday, February 13, 2011

Guess What?!?!


I am in my Cohort for my Early Childhood Education major and we are going to be doing a practicum - "teaching" in the schools for 8 weeks which is very exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. Usually girls get their placement the semester before but we didn't get that benefit. We just found out this week and we start in next week. So, guess what grade I got?!?! I get to teach Kindergarten AND 1st grade!! I was very surprised that I got two grades because all the other got one grade. Turns out, I will be doing half a day in Kindergarten and the other half in a class of 1st graders who are not up to 1st grade standards because they are mostly ESL students (most speaking Spanish). I am soooo excited!! I know that this few weeks will be hard but definitely doable. I can't wait to meet the students :)

3 comments: