Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Random and Nice Person Made a Difference in My Life Today

Today was a hard day. I missed by flight home due to an accident on I-15 and another situation that would be pointless to bring up. My sister was able to make it, but me and my luggage didn't. I was very emotional to this fact because I got so happy to finally see my family  and I was delayed - staying 5 hours on the airport. Well, after an emotional breakdown, I took my newly purchased copy of Tuesdays with Morrie. After I started reading it, I slowly calmed down and felt my body relax. It was very interesting book and very deep. I got through a fourth of it and I can say that it really changed my perspective in how I was dealing with the then-current situation. I started to smile more and talk in soft, nice tones (because I wasn't very happy when I found out they couldn't check my bag and took it out on the lady helping me - I was not very calm and nice). I started to notice the change that overcame me as I tried to show my love for those around me by being nice, kind, patient, and smile. Now you ask, why the title? Well, I had finished eating and I felt good and calm when an airport personnel passed by me and I smiled politely as we made eye contact. The man did a double take and he said, "You have a great smile. Keep smiling!" It just made my evening that much greater. It felt as if he had noticed how much I had suffered today and how, even after the crazy situation, I was still smiling. I love those people - they are random, kind people who you'll probably never see again, but who made an impact in your life and they don't even know it. Love it. Therefore, I have learned a lesson: to control my emotions, and instead of bringing the worst out, bring the best out and show it by kind deeds. It's also Christmas, a time where I have learned so much, and I keep learning and growing. A tender mercy of the Lord.

I'm still at the airport but happy to finally go home : ) There really is nothing like home.


Much love 

1 comment:

  1. oh joycee! i'm so sorry you missed your flight. i trust you were able to finally make it. thank you for your example of faith, humility, and hope. merry christmas and happy new year! p.s. great book! one of the most profound books i've read!

    ReplyDelete