Monday, January 10, 2011

2011

I've been thinking about this number lately. It seems odd to write it down on my papers. Although, I've been praying for this year to come, I feel a little overwhelmed as to why this would be not only a good year but a busy one.

To backtrack a little, Christmas break was pretty much amazing. I was at home most of the time hanging out with my favorite friends: Tita (Hailey) and Tato (Austin). They just made my life so much more brighter. I love them and I wish I could be with them all the time. I was also able to be really close to my Dad. I accompanied him to Mexico (where I ate amazing food!) and to other places. I just love my Dad's company because we talk, laugh, and listen to each other. I was also able to be with my Anita and Omarcito - they're just really "cool" kids. The whole time I was there I was grateful not for the gifts but for the time that I was able to spend with my family, and it seems as if the older I get the more I realize time is a precious gift. Physical things come and go, but time does not. I LOVE my family.

Yummy food in Mexico (my breakfast :)                  

Austin and I: Best Buds!!
 
Yet, another reason to go home: TAMALES!

 Hailey and I: Best Friends and Sisters!! :)

The "Cool Kids" (the ones you wish you could hang out with, haha)



Now, going back to 2011. This year has just been a busy year -and it's only been 9 days. Yikes, it's crazy but I feel like this is a time where I can learn how to manage my time and work effectively and efficiently. One of my goals was to be able to not over stress about my work but to control it. I know that I can do it, it's just a matter of learning how to do it. This year is also the year I graduate. I walk in April (cross my fingers) and graduate in December. I am 90% sure that I will be doing my student teaching in Washington D.C. (SO EXCITED!!). Now all the in between is work, raising money to save and pay for my things, and figure out my life. It's kinda of a big deal, trying to figure out what you will do with your life, but it hasn't hit me yet. Is this a good thing? Well, I'll figure it out eventually. Now, as I sit here writing the blog after looking at places to live in Italy and listening to the CES fireside, I wonder about what I really want: travel. It's my passion and my dream and hope I can one day do it. So, my plan is to 1)Teach abroad by next year (sounds so close) 2)Teach in a Texas school or 3)Get my High School Social Studies teaching certificate. For now, I will just need to make sure I pass all my evaluations.

Spiritually, well, I have decided I could be doing so much better than I am. Have you ever heard the three legged stool story? Well, my legs are shaky and thus I am spiritually shaky. Not to say I'm going down the wrong path or becoming inactive, but I feel that I could be strengthening my testimony more and regain the sense of joy I felt about it. I have decided to do the basics (read and pray), as well as read one talk a week. I have also decided to pay about service opportunities and for the Lord to help me become a better member of the church. Now I hope that someone out there is also praying for me, so that I may be strong enough to heed the Spirit and regain my sense of joy in the church.

Well, this it it. Until next time and more updates, hope everyone is well, healthy, happy.

Much Love :)

2 comments:

  1. great post Joycey!
    Those are some great goals.
    I am praying for you and thinking of you too.
    Love you Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joycee, I just love you! I'm so glad you enjoyed your Christmas vacation and I LOVE hearing your testimony! I hope you're surviving your busy year! Love you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete