Sunday, December 5, 2010

My J-O-B

My job . . . oh how I LOVE  thee. Well, not exactly what I do at my job but more like the people that I am surrounded by. As many of you not know, I work for BYU Independent Study testing a new software that tests courses that will be implemented the first week of January (sounds complicated, it is). Our goal: To get through all 400+ courses tested and finished by the week of finals. Now, I know this may sound COMPLICATED and may wonder what role I play in my job. Well let me tell you, I am part of the Document Management staff (ie office staff). I prepare "packets" for the testers (people who are the "students" and test the courses by completing all their work), which requires me to look at the course, course section, student, student CAC #, student SSN, first and last name, etc. THEN, I make these packets that say what they will do such as method of payment, what lessons to complete, etc. I also check packets in and out, records them accurately on GOOLE docs, deal with annoying student testers, deal with hours of continual pressure and stress, etc, etc, etc. Yep it sounds way complicated but it' not as bad as it sounds. My CO-WORKERS are probably the best group of people you'd ever want to work with. I couldn't have asked for a greater blessing for my job. My co-workers consist of EUNAE, a BYU student studying accounting and graduating this semester; CHERRY from Hong Kong, a sassy and smart 19 year old graduating next year; CHRIS from Philadelphia, a literate (lean and red head), sarcastic, and hilarious 19 year-old who claims to be 23; and STEVE from Utah, who is part of the BYU track team (400 meter dash) and just simply makes you laugh. They sound like quite a crew, huh? Well, they are! I am mostly on the side with Chris and Steve where I laugh half the time I'm working - this is good for me since I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard (that's sad). They are great co-workers, and most importantly FRIENDS. We talk about virtually everything. We like to create organized political systems in the office (Chris), implement them (Steve) and laugh at them (Joyce). I really couldn't have asked for a greater team. I am happy when I go to work because it means that no matter how hard the job gets, they have my back, help me, encourage me, and most importantly, make me LAUGH  and SMILE.  Therefore, I have created this long overdue post for them.

THANKS FRIENDS!


 . . . and much love :)


I wish I had better pictures to show you . . . but they are the only two I had. 


Eunae brought cupcakes for my birthday! She is the sweetest!! On you left is Chris and on your right is Steve. Cherry is probably driving to work b/c she woke up late, haha 



Eunae 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun job! That sounds great. I didn't realize you were working there- I thought you still worked at the byu preschool.

    ReplyDelete