To start off, I decided that I was way over textbooks since I believe they are sooo boring and a waste of time to a certain point. Therefore, I decided to set my goal for 6 books this summer but I have already finished 3 of them so I'm going for like 15! I'm actually very excited to start reading and I feel that it really helps me take my mind of things that are going on and use my imagination. Sometimes, after I finish a book, I feel like writing one! I think it would be very fun and exciting.
I really Liked this one - highly recommend it!
Now, My next hobby is actually going to Wednesday night Institute - you heard right. I have been putting it off as much as possible but I thought about the importance of it and decided I needed it. So, I am now a student at Institute and I'm very excited because we are learning about the History of Christianity - really makes me think. The first week I went, I was extremely nervous and all of you know how nervous I get sometimes. I was shaking and when I got there - no institute for today: what? I was very, very relieved. I know this will be good for me and I am being very open to it, esp. with all it's social blessings, haha!
My third hobby is the gym! Finally, I'm very excited to have a membership at Lifetime Fitness. I have been taking Hot Yoga and let me tell you: it is extremely intense. You do yoga stretches and poses in a 100 degree room. I really like yoga and I have found it very relaxing - I highly recommend it. I have also been doing a bit less cardio and more machines that usual, and since then my body has been extremely sore but I'm definitely seeing results :)
I am very happy for my goals and feel very, very blessed to be home with my family at this time. If any of you have books to recommend me - let me know!
much love
yay!!! good girl. =)
ReplyDeletei totally recommend the book thing (my summer favorite so far is called 'soul searching' by shannon guymon); good for you for attending institute; and the whole gym thing sounds SUPER intense!!!
let me know how they go! =)
Nice Goals Joyce!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see you when you get back to Provo as a spiritually, physically, and intellectually fit woman! ;p
I miss you.
You should call me sometime!
that sounds more interesting than my summer! i'll be starting work soon, but until then, i'm pretty much sitting around watching tv, cleaning, or doing p90x (... THAT'S intense too =P). good luck with your goals!
ReplyDeleteJoycey!
ReplyDeleteUpdate your blog!