In a kinda-quick summary, it has been an extremely busy 2 months packed with emotional, academic, and physical heat. I must say that I am continually learning how to rely on my Savior, on others and myself. I LOVE my students/kids/children/"dudes"/friends/amigos/etc. I continuously pray for them so that I am guided to meet their needs. For those of you who may or may not know, I am in a classroom with a handful of students ranging with all types of challenges - medical, family, etc. It has been trying me, spiritually and emotionally, to a point of almost breaking. I have learned a great deal from my extremely smart and dedicated teacher - I told her she doesn't only have 20 students, but 21 (the one being me). She is exceptionally patient, correcting and helping me be a better prepared teacher. I just want to say and kind of boast (which does not happen often for a person) that by the end of this experience I am going to be a SUPER AWESOME teacher - there's nothing like/can compare to inner-city teaching - nothing. I don't care what anyone says, if you can survive this, you can survive basically and practically anything/any classroom. Of course there will be the challenges but you will be able to address/fix them in a snap, literally.
Other than that ... It has also been an experimental month for Joyce. Why? Well, let's start with my "first's."
- I rode the bus by myself for the first time in October
- I carved (or attempted) to carve my first pumpkin
- I made an extremely sassy text to a boy ... that is a whole 'nother story (I'm so done with men ... yeah right)
- It was my BIRTHDAY! haha ok, not a first
- I went to the Museum of Natural History, soooo amazing
- I took my first picture in the rain with an umbrella (I don't know why this is relevant and here but whatev)
- I'll think of some other ones
- OH!! and I also saw a MOUSE for the first time EVER at my school (almost screamed) - yes, I'm totally serious - and it went under the preschool class door ... eww
- And a kind of sad one: I had to make my first ever parent calls home.
- Yep, the list is endless.
So now, I get to tell you of the question you are probably thinking (and it seems like the rest of the world too): "What are you going to do after you are done?" I'd love to say to find a really hot and attractive (and nice and mormon) man and marry him BUT that seems to be lacking in my life so we'll go with the next best answer. You want honest? I DON'T KNOW. Let's face it, it's hard enough to be a teacher, get certified in a million states and find a job that starts in the middle of the school year - that pays well. I don't know what I'm doing yet but what I DO know is that I've applied for about 12 jobs - so please PRAY that I get at least one. I have been thinking about moving to Cambridge/Boston to be closer to my sister. Like, I really am hoping/crossing-my-fingers/etc. Let's see where life takes me - or my impulses, whichever one comes first. I'm 23 now so I can do that, right?
Pics now since you're probably tired of reading my stories :)
| Smithsonian Castle - in the Rain and with umbrella ... *sigh |
| I love them so much @ b-day dinner Cheesecake Fcatory |
| First carving EVER |
| Just paying a nice visit to my mammal friends, no big |
| the BIG dino |
| I dropped the cookie mix I was so excited about and sliced my finger :( |
| Eastern Market breakfast - yum |
| Because I love them this much :) |
yayy! i'm sooo glad you're alive! =P i can only imagine what heavenly father is leading you to! ;) i hope to see you soon joycee! know that i am praying for you and i trust that those prayers will be answered accordingly! love you hun! XOXO
ReplyDeleteIt's good to know you are alive!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a terrific birthday!
Life is FULL of adventure-I am learning this- so I hope that you continue to take every adventure that comes your way AND most importantly, make the best of it.
You will find a job, things will work out, they always do. Just continue to do your part, make the Lord a top priority in your life and things will turn out beautifully.
Praying for you Joyce.
I am excited to see what comes next!
Enjoy the journey.
love you joycey.
Oh Joyce, I'm so happy for you. Your experience in DC sounds like it has been amazing!!
ReplyDelete