Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Asparagus, Lemons, and Happy Days

It's still summer . . . go figure . . . and I've really enjoyed it so far. There have been so much happening in so little time that I think my hands would be numb if I wrote it all; therefore, I will only summarize.

Lately there have been a few things that have happened that have really tested my patience, my resolve, my trust and my faith. I know that the experiences that I get to experience are for my learning and understanding but also to grow. I feel so happy after I've being able to look at the many blessing I receive every single day and know that I have a loving Heavenly Father that loves me. First of all, I love my Savior. Secondly, I love my Family. Thirdly, I love my friends.

This year my family has been invited to a gazillion weddings and what not, which I'm not complaining at all since I get to dress up. We went to a wedding of some people we knew from the ward and it was so beautiful! I think the correct word would be "fresh" and I will show you why . . .

Asparagus as centerpieces (I think I could have made a whole lot of asparagus for twenty meals!), then some beautiful lemons, a fresh outdoors and indoors. Not to mention: 1st floor - candy, cupcakes, crepes, Godiva milkshakes, etc; 2nd floor - cheese cubes, crackers, cake, lemonade, fruit; 3rd floor - the mansion's top; Outside - pool, meal, lounging, live band, and flies. This wedding = priceless (more like pricey but oh well). It was beautiful!

Now . . . next week I get to go out of the country to get eye surgery!! I will be able to see for the rest of my life!! YAY! My uncle is an optometrist and is one of the best in Mexico, and he is going to be performing the surgery - so excited! Thus, I cannot complain at the amazing summer I'm having. It has been a blesisng to be with my family and having a great time with friends. Updates coming soon!

much, much love!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics!
    Good luck w/the surgery and I look forward to seeing you before I leave!

    ReplyDelete